WOW are these empanadas good!!!... And super easy too... Just a few ingredients, so yummy. Here is what you do to make Salteñas Bolivianas (Bolivian empanadas):
1 packet of empanada discs for frying, 10 discs per pack - Brand recommended: Goya
1 small bunch of green onions, chopped
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
Powder sugar for dusting
Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix 1 cup of shredded mozzarella with the chopped green onions.
- Place a small amount (about 2 Tbsps) in the center of the disc, moisten your finger in a little bowl with water and wet the edges of the disc.
- Bring the edges together and press them firmly with a fork, to avoid opening while frying.
- Fry empanadas in batches of 2 on a pan with enough oil to cover them... (Make sure the oil is hot enough)
- When the empanadas are golden brown, remove from oil, drain and lightly sprinkle with powered sugar.
Few ingredients... Really good empanadas... Enjoy them friends!