Thursday, April 4, 2013

Arepa Bar

A few weeks ago I had some friends over for a little Venezuelan party. I made an Arepa bar in which our guests got to enjoy arepas with a variety of fillings. We had plenty of leftovers (as you can imagine) so, I decided to do a post, deconstructing a few of my favorite fillings. Are you curious to see our favorite stuffing for arepas? Here we go:

Pernil con tomate (Go here for the green sauce recipe and here for the Pernil or slow roasted pork shoulder)
Reina Pepiada
Pabellon

Domino (I used some Pebre, just because - Go here for the recipe)
Two other favorites, not pictured: mashed avocado and shredded cheese and Perico (sofrito of tomato, peppers and onions with scrambled eggs)

Leftovers mean that the next day you can eat them for breakfast or (even better) make empanadas!!!... My mouth is watering right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!