Monday, January 7, 2013

1/52

I have been entertaining the idea of doing a photo project for a while now... A project to do a picture a day seems too overwhelming of a task to be added to my already busy schedule so, I decided to go a little different route.

After reading this blog I was convinced I needed to do a portrait of my children once a week - I'll call it: Project 52 weeks. I loved her idea of taking a snapshot of them, individually, each week, and capture an expression, an emotion, a gesture. I might even add a few words... We'll see how it goes... More manageble, right?

"a portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Who knows... I might even compile a book with all the photographs at the end of the year... We'll see how it goes. Idea from this beautiful blog... Follow along if you dare...

How about you? Are you working on pushing yourself to improve your photographic skills? My goal is to document my kid's year (duh?) and to see who they grow and change.

Other ideas I would like to tackle but feel overwhemed by the challenge: Project Life - Where I take a picture a day and document it in scrapbooking form. I love to do it.... Maybe some day... I first heard of this from friend Kristina, Thanks K!!!

How about you friends? What plans do you have for the new year? Are you pushing yourself to try something different or challenging? I wish you luck with whatever you do...

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from London. I've just joined Project 52 too, so popping over to say hello. Love the photos, especialyl that leaf moustache :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to do this as well! I loved doing it last year for Crosby each week! I may "steal" your idea! Love to see how much they grow each week. Funny you mentioned Project Life...just about to order my stuff for 2013...if anyone can do it you can!!! Love the pictures...they are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!