Monday, August 20, 2012

A birthday celebration

My two kids have birthdays the same month... I have decided that in order to have some sanity in my life we will alternate birthday parties (it helps with the pocket book too!)

Last year we made Miss V a special birthday party. This year all we did was take her and three of her best buds to the movies and then ice cream. Easy peasy.
Girly overload.... I had to have a glass of wine when I got home.... Intense!

Saturday morning was all about an English tea party, just the 4 of us, right in our backyard. Call it a-last-ditch-effort-to-hold-on-to-our-trip-to-England-as- it-seems-like-it-happened-forever-ago. It was really cute. Here are some pictures from it:


A proper afternoon English tea includes a delicious selection of sandwiches (cucumber and egg salad), scones with preserves and cream, buttered shortbread and Victoria cupcakes, all served on a 3 tiered cake stand. Adults enjoyed them with some English tea. Kids with juice.

Tomorrow, I will show you how to make your own Cream Tea, the English way!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!