Wednesday, June 27, 2012

More ombre dyeing

Because, I seem like I do projects in pairs... I leave you with Ombre project numero dos (go here for project numero uno):
What I learned from this second round of ombre dyeing:
  • Light colors seem to work better than darker colors.
  • To make the transition from darker to lighter make sure that you move the piece of clothing back and forth to avoid a harsh transition.
  • When you are ready to completely submerge the piece of clothing to the dye bath make sure you are not holding on to the shirt with your gloves... You could leave a mark on the t-shirt.
  • Submerge quickly for a very faded color
  • Wash in cold water if want to keep the colors. Wash in hot water if you want the color to fade a little.
  • Do try making this... It is so fun. I'm just saying...
If you want to try Ombre dyeing go here for my complete instructions.

Coincidentally, I made a Summer scarf that goes perfectly with my new t-shirt... Come back tomorrow, I'll show you how you can make one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!