Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Giving a little bit of love to our guestroom

I have this blog to thank for giving me the encouragement to complete projects around the house. Our guestroom was in need of some serious love. It had a hideous wall paper border. It was painted in a dark blue color and worst of all... It was our dumping ground for everything we did not love. So in the period of a few {hard working} months we removed wall paper, painted and rearranged the furniture to make it more cozy for our future guests - in other words... The main objective was to use as little money as possible by using stuff we already own. I kept the spending to a minimum, I am happy about that.

Unfortunately, I could not find my before pictures... I know, I am kicking myself about this...

Let's start with the bed. I wanted a new head board but did not want to buy a new one, so I decided to paint one.
What about them antlers?
I found them a in a dumpster in Atlantic Station... I love them, the husband is not too keen... He'll get there...
Our books found a home in a new bookshelf from Ikea

An office nook for the husband. Purchased a new {more comfortable}chair from Ikea and a lamp from Goodwill.

We spray painted an old day bed in white to go with the rest of the room (side table from Goodwill).
Some more details:


Did you like the overall look at our guestroom? Come stay with us! A much improved room is waiting for some visitors.

I want to share some projects I worked on in this room... They were easy so I thought it would be a good idea to share what I did... I may get too inspired...

PS: In the interest of keeping things real, I must tell you that the guest room has not stayed as nice as it is above pretty much after I took these pictures... This is the place were I like to pack for vacation and can I tell you... Preparing for our trip to Ireland, the room looked like a bomb exploded in there... Got to get it ready for when my parents come to visit... I've got to get busy...

1 comment:

  1. Love love love it!!! You did such a great job Elena! Love the IKEA chair! Love all the special touches!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!