Thursday, May 10, 2012

The breakfast project

Scottish Porridge

Traditionally made with water, it is sometimes made with hot milk. Stirring is essential if the porridge is to be truly creamy. You need one quarter cup of steal cut oatmeal to a cup of water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and as soon as it reaches boiling point, add the oatmeal in a steady rain. Stir briskly. Add the salt after it has been cooking on a low heat for 10 minutes.

Serve with caramelized pecans, cream and a drizzle of honey.
Oatmeal and I go way back. We do not have a good relationship, oatmeal and I. I blame my parents... They used to make us eat it in the mornings before school. Even thought I know its good for you, packed with whole grain and most importantly, it keeps you filled all morning long, I just don't have the same love for it like the husband does... I guess this is for him... Enjoy it honey... I'd rather have my oatmeal on this and this.

Source here

1 comment:

  1. I love porridge, but only if it's creamy, definitely not the set type....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!