2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of toffee bits or Heath Bar bits (you can find them in the baking section of your grocery stores)
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, and vanilla.
- Alternatively add the flour mixture and the toffee bits, a third at a time, until well blended. Chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpat, spoon out the cookie dough in small 1-inch diameter balls.
- Place dough balls 3 inches away from each other on the cookie sheets.