Monday, April 23, 2012

Toffee cookies

When I was pregnant with the littlest one all I could think of was indulging in the gigantic toffee cookies from Atlanta Bread Company. The other day a friend and I met up in ABC for lunch and I thought of getting one of those cookies (you know, for old time sake), but I did not want to spend $1 for one cookie. So, I decided to find a recipe and make it myself... For a fraction of the price.

Toffee Cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of toffee bits or Heath Bar bits (you can find them in the baking section of your grocery stores)

Preparation:
  1. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
  2. Beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, and vanilla.
  3. Alternatively add the flour mixture and the toffee bits, a third at a time, until well blended. Chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 350°F. On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpat, spoon out the cookie dough in small 1-inch diameter balls. 
  5. Place dough balls 3 inches away from each other on the cookie sheets. 

I love ABC, don't you? If you are new to town or have a layover at the Atlanta airport give them a try. The sandwiches and soup are so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!