Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nut milk bag

In all the blogs I've seen instructions to make nut milk, they recommend using a nut milk bag. You can find them here for $15 (plus shipping) or you can make your own for about a dollar in material and 10 minutes of your time:

unbleached/organic muslin
Thread

This project is so easy and fast to do that I did not think to take any pictures of the process. I hope you can follow along with my instructions:

Cut a piece of muslin (30 x 11), zigzag the edges to prevent fraying. Fold in half and sew the two long edges - twice to reinforce the edges. Turn over and fold the top edge and sew around the edge.

All done. Ready to be used to make a batch of nut milk. Easy, right?...
So if you are into the vegan lifestyle, lactose intolerant or just want to decrease your milk compsumption (like me), nut milks are a great alternative. I hope you give this a try

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!