Challah Stuffed French Toast (adapted from Sunday Suppers' Brioche French toast - See original post here)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups milk
2 Tsp vanilla
½ cup sugar
2 tsp salt
6 slices of Challah bread 1” thick, with pocket cut from small hole on one side
6 oz cream cheese
- Combine all the batter ingredients and whisk together until well-combined.
- Mix cream cheese and orange zest in a bowl.
- Add to a piping bag (I use a Ziploc bag with one end cut), fill each piece of bread, being careful to not over-fill, and keeping the ingredients within the pocket and away from the opening.
- Dip each slice in batter and allow to soak thoroughly, then drain well.
- On a hot griddle, begin by searing the opening, ensuring that it has cooked shut before continuing to cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of maple syrup or blueberry syrup.