Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY painted patches on tights

Objective, save perfectly good light colored tights from going brown on the knees due to child's inclination to get on knees and ruining them...

Patches have been on my mind lately (I am working on another project as I write) so, I decided to improve a pair of Miss V's tights by painting knee patches. Great idea, right? And super easy. I followed this easy tutorial if you want to give it a try but this is basically what I did:

Try on tights and mark the location desired.

Cut freezer paper with  the desired shape, iron
With a foam brush apply paint, allow to dry. Once dryed, iron



wash and wear

So cute, right?

I have been eyeing some knee pad tights for me (you can buy them here) but I don't know if I can pull them off... But after seeing how they turned out, I might do the same with a pair of old tights... What do you think? Should I go for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!