Monday, November 7, 2011

Rare species

While hiking on Skaftafell National Park we came across this pretty bird:
We found out that Rjupas (as these birds are called) turn milky white during the winter so they can blend with their surroundings, and therefore protect themselves from predators. How smart are they? Miss V had to stop and get a drawing of it.
I was busy taking pictures of her when I realized I encountered an even rarer species. My little man sitting still for more than a minute (and most importantly, not turning his back at me or giving me a face) I could not help myself but to get a picture of this rare opportunity... Indeed...
See other birds from Iceland here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!