Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sweater weather

Yeah, we are getting the beginnings of sweater weater in the South... About time!!! I came across some pictures and I wanted to share them with you:


I love everything about these pictures. I especially love that they where shot in Iceland. Icelanders are crazy about their sweaters. I've heard that they wear them from ice climbing to partying around town. How could you not? They are so warm and pretty with a signature look...
You can even find yarn to make the Icelandic signature sweaters at their supermarkets. Seriously! Of course, I did not leave Iceland without my very own sweater. I just couldn't resist so much sweater prettiness. Want to see mine?

(You got to love the man that makes you laugh like this... Just don't ask what he did...)

Here is how to take care of your handmade 100% wool sweater:
  • The shedding will go away after a few wears
  • Hand wash with mild detergent, reshape and lay flat to dry
  • Avoid excessive cleaning
  • Avoid hanging
  • One more tip I learned from the lady I bought the sweater from: once the sweater had been washed apply a very small amount of hair conditioner and spread on the sweater. It will make it nice and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!