Thursday, October 6, 2011

Refashioning a top

Hi friends, I'm back with another t-shirt makeover. Here is the before and after:

I do not know what I was thinking when I got it... The sleeves fit horribly... The shirt fit great everywhere else but the sleeves... Ill fit... I decided I needed to change it a little bit. Here is how you can do it:

Cut the sleeve and allow some room for a seam (I used another shirt with the sleeve length I was looking for). Make a new seem on the sleeve.
With the excess fabric from the sleeves, cut strips of fabric and sew the side.
Turn upside down and topstitch to make it flat.
Then sew a button hole on one end. Cut out the inside with a seam ripper (because my t-shirt material was knit fabric I had to use tissue paper to sew the botton hole, who knew! Also, make sure you practice on a spare piece of fabric, better safe than sorry).
On the opposite end of the piece of fabric, sew it to the inside of the shirt. Then on the outside, a few inches or so above where the fabric piece was sewn, sew a button.

You are all done... So, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. That turned out awesome! Very cute, good job and thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!