Skyr is used in a variety of recipes... Here is a good one...
18 oz. plain skyr (I used Siggi's - Icelandic style Skyr - You can find it at Whole Foods)
3 oz. sugar
200 ml / 7 oz. cream
1 envelop of gelatin
1 vanilla pod
50 ml / 2 oz. cream
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
7 tablespoons butter, melted
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Reserve the seeds (save the pod for something else, I'll show what to do with it on a later post).
- Lightly whip the large portion of cream.
- Mix together the skyr, sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Heat the small portion of cream, and cool slightly. Dissolve the gelatin in the heated cream.
- Mix carefully into the skyr mixture and then fold in the whipped cream. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the cinnamon and butter. Mix well and place in the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform cake pan. Make sure to press against the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Place into a 350 degrees oven and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool
- Pour the mouse on the graham cracker crust and refrigerate. Serve with fresh fruit or fruit sauce.
It's good enough to share...