Monday, August 8, 2011

Salad-to-go

A few months back I received on my daily organization newsletter from Martha Steward a tip on making a salad-to-go kit. I love the idea - I have been doing this for years but I decided to share it with you in case you did not get her newsletter.

It is so simple. All you need to do is arrange your items (I like shredded carrots, chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and grilled chicken) into a storage container (I recycle the Chinese food container); then tuck in a small container of dressing (I used a simple red wine vinagrette) and add baby spinach on top. If your work has a refrigerator put it there as soon as you get to work, otherwise use an insulated lunch sack with a cold pack. When you are ready to eat, pour on the dressing and shake to coat every bite.

You can make it the night before, keep it in your refrigerator and grab it on your way to work in the morning. Easy peasy.

To see Martha's version go here.

To get Martha's "organizing tip of the day" newletter (or some of her other newsletter) go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!