Friday, July 15, 2011

Menu for the week

Black bean soup/Salad
Ribollita/Salad
Pizza on the grill with vegetable toppings from our garden/Salad
Arroz con pollo (rice and chicken Spanish style)/Salad

Breakdown:

Aldi $26
Kroger $15
Costco $23

Have I told you I can't get enough of the veggies from our garden? I love them so much. They are keeping me on my toes since we have had a steady production and I don't want them to go to waste...
I will be making some Freezer Cucumbers to take advantage of the crazy amount of cucumbers we have. Try them, they are oh so great!

2 comments:

  1. O.K. I guess we are getting a Trader Joe's in the KC area. I plan to visit it next week. I have never been to one but hear a lot about it. What types of things to you buy there? Anything I need to stock up on while I am there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not go expecting a large store. They are usually very small (at this here is the South). Think of a very small version of Whole Foods only a lot more affordable. The cheese section is fantastic. The olive oils and vinegars are great too. The snack items are awesome and different from what you will find on your regular grocery store. They have "gourmet" items at great prices. I think you are going to love it... Let me know what you think...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!