Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ready, set, plan...

Beautiful words to the ears of a compulsive planner... We have bought our tickets and this year's vacation is taking us to Iceland with a detour in New York City. We are so excited to visit both places (especially Iceland, I have talked about my crush on Scandinavia here and here).

We are off in few weeks...
You might be asking yourself... Why Iceland? Well, besides being a beautiful country that we always wanted to visit, other reasons included the economic meltdown that hit the county in late 2008 causing their currency to devaluate considerably and therefore making more affordable for us (Iceland economic meltdown is explained in great detail in the documetary "Inside Job" - This movie can't be missed. It should be watched by every American).

On top of that, Iceland offered the cheapest airline tickets anywhere this year, and I have done my homework, trust me... The increased price of jet fuel has not been good for travel abroad, anywhere... I feel so lucky to have found such a great deal.

I think I am going to call this year "The year of the volcanoes"! First Costa Rica, now Iceland... Lots of exciting activities for the whole family. I hope you are up for the ride with us!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! Beautiful country. I only know it from photos, but 2 friends recently visited and they loved it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!