Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Power lunch

My new favorite lunch to bring to work:
I came about this salad by chance. If you know me you know I don't like to through away leftovers. I had a little bit of wild rice and bulgur left from a previous meal so I decided to make some quinoa add some pan roasted veggies (carrots, eggplant, onions, mushrooms, and Chinese broccoli), a drizzle of olive oil and salt/pepper to taste... Delish

You can also make a variation of this salad with summer veggies (think of roasted corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and lots of herbs). Another favorite way to eat it, add some leftover lentils (drain any extra liquid) for an even more filling salad.

A good serving of any of these salads and you will be full all afternoon. You will be feeling good for eating a complete lunch pack with whole grains, veggies and protein, and it tastes good too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!