Friday, March 11, 2011

Menu for the week

Tortellini with cream sauce, peas, mushroons and pancetta/Salad
Chicken enchiladas/Salad
Goulash over spaetzle/Salad (with the leftover Goulash I will be making Goulash soup)
Vegetarian chilli covered with corn bread/Salad

Breakdown:
Aldi/Kroger $35
Costco $4
Super H $8

I took an inventory of my pantry and freezer and can I tell you how much stuff I have accumulated? I always stock up when things are on sale but boy have I accumulated a good amount...

The challenge :

I need to use up some of the stuff that I already have before I buy anything else. So this week, I am doing a lot of my shopping at home. Did you see the savings? Try it every once in awhile, you will be surprised. Take inventory of the things you already own and use them up before you go shopping for anything new. You'll be very creative with your meals and the shopping will be kept to just some basics.

On a side note, have you noticed the increase in the price of food? I guess all those predictions of higher food prices were true, even more of a reason to be extra diligent when going to the grocery store.

Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!