Thursday, March 3, 2011

Clear Blue Sky in the Middle of the Heaviest Fog

Just wanted to reach out to you friends regarding a really good cause that has touched us all in one way or another. As I told you on this post I decided to participate in the 2 day walk for Breast cancer cure. I will be walking in honor of my Mother-in-law Linda, a 9 year breast cancer survivor. I need sponsors!!! So please, if you can, make a donation - I will really appreciate it. Please go to my page to make a donation and thank you very much for supporting this great cause

And because a posting is not complete without a picture I leave you with these pictures of Grandma and grandaughter at the same age...
And some beautiful words to remind you of the struggles of cancer and the triumph of the cure

.............................................................................................................................................................

Clear Blue Sky in the Middle of the Heaviest Fog .... by Linda Sand

Leaving the radiologist's office, carrying a piece of paper with a list of surgeons - being told it didn't look good. Heaviest fog.

Meeting two friends for coffee - throwing down the list - crying together - picking out a surgeon - Friends - Clear Blue Sky.

Riding an emotional roller coaster - Fog.


Many cards, letters, telephone calls, words of encouragement, and friend Connie's cinnamon rolls - Clear blue sky.


On the first day of school, a little boy coming up to my desk and saying in a quivering voice, "My mom and dad want you to know they are praying for you". - Clear blue sky.


Going back to the Cancer Center the day after the first Chemo treatment - so sick - Heaviest fog.


The nurse who cleaned up my throw-up dish and washed my face with a wet cloth - Clear Blue Sky.


My husband Mike - More than Clear Blue Sky.

.............................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for your support.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much mom and V. look alike!! Darren and I plan to donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do, don't they? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. While looking at some old pictures I came across some pictures of your mom that looked just like you...

    Thanks for following along and making a donation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!