Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A walk in Midtown and a view from the top

The other day I did something I don't get to do very often, I took public transportation rail system, aka MARTA, to Midtown Atlanta. It is a rare occurrence because the Atlanta transportation system does not reach our neck of the woods. I still had to drive to the closest station and from there go by rail to midtown. It saved me a lot of time (and money). I wish we could use it more often but since I don't work in town anymore I don't get to ride it very often. On this date I was going to midtown to do some continuing education for my CPA license. On my walk to the hotel (where the classes were being held) I remembered I brought my little point and shoot ,so I got it out and started snapping pictures...

And here are the pictures I took from the top of the W hotel were the classes were taking place... What else am I supposed to do between sessions breaks? It's a sickness friends... I know...





And to justify my addiction to taking pictures I leave you with this thought...
"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existance, as though I had forgotten to wake up. I know that the accident of my being a photographer has made my life possible"

Richard Avedon

2 comments:

  1. I love all your pictures!!! I sent Mark a message asking what kind of camera you use. We're looking to upgrade, and I'd love to take pictures as good as yours. And I so agree with that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay! To answer your queston: I have a Canon XT rebel (the bottom of the line of the Canon SLR line) nothing fancy. What I can say, I know how to use it very well. I think your Nikkon is the equivalent of my camera. Learn the capabilities of your camera and you will be taking great pictures. The pictures above were taken with my point and shoot. I great little camera that has manual capabilities. Because is small I take everywhere with me! I hope to see you guys soon... We can chat more about picures then...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!