Friday, December 17, 2010

Menu for the week

Meat lasagna/salad
Pabellon criollo (shredded beef, rice, black beans and fried pantains)
Arepas with leftover toppings (beef, black beans, plantains, cheese, avocado wedges)
Cream of butternut squash/salad

Breakdown:
Aldi/Kroger $44
Costco $47
Super H $7

Ok friends, I am taking a week break from the "menu for the week" postings since I am having lots of family in town and staying on a budget is going to be almost impossible (see proof above...). There is going to be lots of baking, cooking and drinking with family, all Venezuelan style, Yey!!!!
Hopefully I won't get caught up in all the excitement and forget to document it all. If I do, expect some postings about it soon.

Picture credit here

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! I am making hallacas next week. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture of 3 generations in the kitchen. It's what makes the holidays so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like a Food Network star in this pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!