Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ice Trays

I scored 3 brand new ice trays at my local goodwill store and I put them to use as soon as I got home, but not the conventional way they were intended to be used. I used them in some other fun ways:

Left over wine: To be used in those recipes that just call for a splash of wine. After a party we always have some wine leftover so if you put it in these trays and freeze it you will have the perfect quantity for your recipe.

Oven roasted tomato and onion dipping sauce: If you have some leftover you can also freeze it and one cube is the perfect portion of a panini or add a couple more for a kid size pasta dish (for those I-have-nothing-to-cook-and-the-kids-are-hungry days)

Are you making some pesto with your summer herbs? (so far I have made parsley/pine nut pesto and purple basil/pistachios pesto): Here again one cube is perfect for a sandwich or panini. It is great on top of grilled chicken, fish or steak. The same can be done with homemade tapanade...
So do you have any tips for the use of ice trays? If you do, feel free to share them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!