Monday, September 13, 2010

Banh Mi

We have been on an insane kick for Vietnamese food lately. Every time we decide to go out for dinner Vietnamese seems to creep up to the top 3 foods to eat. The other day, my sweet neighbor Kristin showed up with a care package full of goodies to make our very own Banh mi... Say what? We were over the moon! The package included: Delicious and very crusty French bread, the best seasoned chicken, very thinly sliced carrots, cucumbers and cabbage on a very light mayonnaise dressing, cilantro sprigs and lastly thinly sliced jalapeno peppers... Heaven I tell you! Thanks Kristin for such a thoughtful (and delicious) gift. We owe you big time... I may have to dust off my paella pan and reciprocate accordingly. Here is a really good recipe for Banh Mi if you want to make your own...
























Doesn't it look delicious?
All of us are crazy about it... See this little boy patiently waiting...

























Finally mami!... I get to eat it

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I may have to try it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: AWESOME!

    Lindsay made these for dinner and they were very good. I hope they're added to the normal meal rotation!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!