Monday, August 2, 2010

I love you baby

Spinach, that is... like, a lot! Let me tell you the ways I love it: I buy the 1 pound box of organic baby spinach from Costco (best price I've seen at $3.49) then:

I use it instead of lettuce in salad, sandwiches and wraps.
I add it to soups and stews.
I use it to make omelettes, frittatas and souffles.
I use it as a base for "my" meals (if we are having pasta I put a handful of baby spinach in the bottom of my bowl and then add pasta...) It is all about creating the illusion of more food and getting some healthy spinach in the process.
And if we have not eaten it all by the end of the week I make spinach/lemon pesto or I steam and freeze it for later use. But believe me...It is very rare that at the end of the week we have any left...We all (including the kids) love to eat it.






































Give it a try if you want to add some green goodness to your diet and make sure to share tips if you have any!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!