Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Her travel journal

I have beed dying to share this with all of you friends! I have to give the husband full credit for coming up with this idea. He talked V into keeping a travel journal in which she could make drawings of things that she liked. He made sure to remind her to do so when we were in new places but by the end of the third day she was drawing whenever inspiration struck. I made sure I documented the process. I hope you enjoy this little slide show:

















By the way, I cannot tell you how many complements she got from this little exercise. People stopped to admire her art. She even inspired our little travel buddies Tom and Marc to do the same. I will treasure this travel journal forever. Now that we are back home she wants to start working on her scrapbook in which she not only will include drawings and pictures but also little tokens from her favorite places (favorite ice cream stores, favorite desert, favorite attractions). I will be showing you some of those pages as she completes them so be on the lookout for it later on.

6 comments:

  1. in a few years she'll be on the Rive Gauche selling her art! que buenos recuerdos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que hermosa me la comoooooooo. What a good idea cuña..!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet....love how you captured her working on the drawings....my favorite is the harp with notes floating up! Happy that you and Marcus have staying such great friends! Seems years since we babysat little Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments. I am glad you liked it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!