Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I made this

Have you heard of Matilda Jane? I have not until I saw my sweet neighbor Riley wearing this dress:
























Picture by Matilda Jane
Isn't it adorable? I love the combination of fabrics. So fun. They are a little pricey but I still wanted one for my little girl. So I went thru her closet trying to find some dresses that no longer fit (too short or stained) and that I could recycle to make her something similar. Score! I found a couple of dresses (sorry, I should have taken pictures of them for you to see the before...Oh well, I'll try to remember next time!).

The best part is that the Matilda Jane's "originals" are a combination of mix-matched fabrics so anything goes when I tried to recreate mine,right? Here is what I came up with:


































































It is not perfect but I love the way it came out! The best part I did not have to spend much money for my very own unique version of it (some extra fabric - less than a yard all togerher - and ribbon). Sorry Matilda Jane, I could have bought your dress but if I can recreate my own... Why bother?

2 comments:

  1. Nice!
    Funny how these tried and true recycling gigs our parents and grandparents have made it to commerce... and back to home.
    Sandinette is quite cute in her "new" dress.
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fred. I also think she looks so cute ;)I do remember my mom doing the same thing. So far she likes all the things I make. I hope stays like that for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!