Thursday, May 20, 2010

A bad dream - Confessions from an obsessive packer

Do you want to know what wakes me up at night, in a cold sweat? A dream about having to go on a trip and not being packed properly, seriously... It is my biggest fear. All of you who know me know that I have a little addiction to the "to do" list and I love planning, packing and preparing for a trip almost as much as going on the actual trip. And if I do say so myself, I have some pretty awesome packing skills... (On our last trip to Europe we managed to go on a nine-day trip with 2 kids without checking a single piece of luggage). Pretty hard core, I know!

Want a glimpse of my day bag?





































My camera bag (body, 3 lenses. remote control, portable tripod, point and shoot, charger and lots of memory cards) copies of pages of my guide books, separated by destination (I have a rough schedule of places to see) once I have been to the destination I trash the pages.

In my backpack I pack 4 tops and 4 bottoms of dark colors (that I can mix and match) and accessories such as scarves, tank tops/cardigan (for layering) socks and leggings. Some winter gear (for the Alps) like a jacket and gloves... You get the picture.

Are you planning your own trip and want some ideas as to how to pack like a fashionista? check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!