Thursday, April 8, 2010

Our first garden






As I mentioned in this post we are starting our first garden this year. We are starting small with the hope to learn and improve it in future years. Here is the list for this year:

Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and lots of herbs like basil, parsley, chives, thyme, sage and rosemary.

We have been planning to do this for a while now but the movie Food Inc has given us the push that we needed. I highly recommend this movie. You should definitely check it out.

If a garden is not an option for you there are other ways you can make changes. See them here.


I can't wait to see and taste the first fruits of our labor...and all the food I will be making. I need to start getting creative...I am up for the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics again - I definitely need to learn how to make pics half as good --- and, oh wait, I first need to buy a camera...

    Great idea to make a garden, even when the harvest is not as great as expected, the kidies will have learned something and valuable hours of quality time will have been spent together.

    You seem to live in a superb place, with trees and space, that's good.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids were excited to find this afternoon that the cucumers are starting to sprout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!