Friday, April 23, 2010

Menu for the week

Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese - recipe from here/salad
Chicken enchiladas/salad
Red bean soup/salad
Italian roasted chicken thighs with oranges - recipe from here/asparagus quinoa - recipe from here - I made changes to it :) /salad

Breakdown
Aldi/Kroger: $36
Costco: $20
Super H: $3

So many fun festivals going on this weekend: Touch a truck, Alpharetta art festival, Inman Park festival... Which one to choose? Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I think I'm going to eat well this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you eat well every week. :)

    I like the cost analysis. Although most of our meals are home cooked, and we do look for bargains, I've never looked at how much we're actually spending on a monthly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to keep my weekly budget for food at around $60. Making a menu helps a lot. I go to the store once a week and get all the things I need for my menu. No more running to the store for a last minute purchase. I make the best use of the food (by using the ingredient in different dishes) but I never sacrifice on quality. Once you have a system it all gets easier. Thanks for following my blog, I enjoy reading your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!