Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Roasted chicken 101

It is not news that I take great pride in feeding my family delicious and nutritious foods. Also, I am very conscious of what I spend for my meals.... I love the challenge of being a foodie and spending as little as I can for high quality foods. Based on that (and on the request of my friends to share ways to make food out of leftovers) I give you: Roasted chicken 4 ways. I bought a whole chicken, I seasoned it and roasted it in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. That is your first meal. The next day I deboned the chicken and separated the meat in two piles. One for Paninis, salads or quesadillas and the other pile for chillies, spaghetti sauces or stews. I also made a stock out of the bones and freezed it for soups and consommes to be consumed later on. So there you have it, four delicious ways to eat chicken out of a very reasonable priced purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!