Friday, February 26, 2010

Menu for the week

Chicken Schnitzel/Frankfurters/warm potato salad/Linzer torte
French lentil soup/salad
Spinach and mushroom quesadillas/salad
chicken lasagna/salad

Breakdown:

Aldi/Kroger $25
Costco $25
Super H $5

Our friends, Lisa and Davin are going to Southern Germany and Austria for vacation. Since we have been there a few times before they have asked us for some help planning their trip. We decided to have them over for dinner. To make it even more fun, I am cooking a German meal (my way, of course). We will be eating chicken schnitzel (instead of the more popular Wiener schnitzel), Frankfurters from my trip to here, warm potato salad and a green salad. For desert, I could have baked a black forest cake but it is not my favorite of the German deserts. Instead, I am making a Linzer Torte. Once again, a huge thanks to our friends Markus and Ilona for teaching me how to make this delicious torte...We always come up with excuses to make it... Can you tell?
Does it not look delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!