Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Breakfast of champions

Here are some awesome ideas for breakfast that are so good for you...Going back to work means not more time to waste in the morning...trying to get kids ready and fed in the morning and still make in time for the bus can be a challenge. Check out some of my favorite breakfast:

Whole wheat pancakes: I use this recipe and made some changes (are you noticing a pattern here? I don't follow recipes to the T) I substituted apples for frozen blueberries and chopped walnuts and I did not add a topping.

Mix berry smoothy, From my friend Tara: in a blended add mixed frozen berries, non fat plain yogurt, grounded flax seed, honey, banana, a splash of juice (orange, cranberry of whatever you have). Blend until smooth.

Mix veggie omelette: My favorite combinations are tomato, motzarella and basil or spinach and feta cheese. Tip for busy schedules, mix your choice of veggies and eggs and pour on a muffin tin and bake until done...Awesome and very filling.

So there you have it. Great filling breakfast to help you start your day on the right foot. Feel free to share some of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!