Friday, January 22, 2010

Menu for the week

4 mushroom (portobello, porcini, white button and cremini) lasagna/salad. I use this recipe and made some changes.
Ribollita with poached egg/salad. Recipe from the Silver Spoon.
Lentils with a dollop of creme fraiche/ salad with romesco sauce.
Grilled chicken pannini with mustard, creme fraiche and grilled onions/orzo salad with garbanzo and zucchini.


Breakdown:
Aldi/Kroger $ 35
Costco $ 7
Super H $7

Have you seen the price of creme fraiche?...The cheapest one I have seen is at Trader Joe's for $3.99 for a tiny tub...Not cheap. So I found the recipe here also found here. All I had to buy is a small carton of heavy cream since I already had buttermilk (on sale at Kroger for .75 cents a quart). Turned out awesome! Give it a try if you like creamy, ever so slightly tangy (100 times better than sour cream) goodness.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I'm definitely going to try the mushroom lasagne. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!