Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to work or not

I wanted to share some tips that will save you time and money. These tips are useful for some of you stay-at-home moms, as well as for the working moms. We all know it is a struggle to get a homemade meal on the table in as little time as possible, without any waste and to save money all at the same time.

The first tip comes to you via the New York times. I have learned a great deal about freezing foods from this article (specially freezing lemon juice... I will never pass the oportunity to buy a box of Meyer lemons). In addition to the NY times article check out this tip and this tip from Ms. Martha Stewart...Genius.

The next tip comes to you via Angry Chicken. Great tip on how to prepare make-ahead rice...Using her own words..."life changing". A little of a side note: I have a rice cooker... A little luxury gifted to me by a friend from Japan...I still feel more comfortable making my rice the old fashioned way (my Asian friends think that I am crazy)...I just may have to get it out permanently.

This is a snapshot of my freezer (a little bit anal, I know!) but this tip from my mom really works. Place items to be frozen in a freezer safe bag, label, date, flatten and freeze. By doing this you will be able to save space in your freezer (by stacking neatly) and it will take less time to defrost... It works, I promise.

Lastly, before I forget, I have been engaged to do some consulting work and I have been cooking up a storm to leave meals ready for the family. I am exited to get back to work even if it is for few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!