Friday, December 11, 2009

Menu for the week

Chicken lasagna/salad (an extra one for my friend Marie...She is home sick)
15 bean soup/salad
Ribs and chicken Korean style/rice/salad
Cream of butternut squash/salad




Breakdown:
Aldi/Kroger $30
Costco $17
Super H $6


Have you noticed we have salad with a lot of our meals? I buy the one pound box of organic baby spinach at Costco. If you know me at all, you know I do not waste food. By buying this box I am "forced" to eat it all. I use spinach in salads (instead of lettuce), omeletes, paninis, pestos, you name it. A trick I use for myself is to add a handful of spinach to any food I am eating to give the illusion of volume (that way I do not eat as much...It is all about tricking your mind). And it is so good for you! My kids don't know anything else so they also love it. You can never go wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!