Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jar openers


When we went to England we spent some time in the country side. We visited several street markets where all kinds of goodies, both edible and for decorating, were up for sale. One of the booths we visited had all kinds of crafts made by the ladies from a local church. There were tea warmers, oven mittens, tea towels, and jar openers made in the most beautiful English-country vintage fabric you will ever see. I saw the jar openers and I realized they were so easy to make. I decided to buy pre-cut fabric squares and try to make some for my friends. What do you think? Is it not the most ingenious idea?...I am the one always asking the husband to open the jar for me...This will help a lot.

2 comments:

  1. How did you make these? Are they just material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. They are so easy to make. I bought precut fabric squares (for quilting) and cut squares (same size as the fabric square) of non-slip drawer liner (Wonderliner recommended). I then sew them together around the edges... That's it! I hope this helps.

      Elena

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!