Friday, November 20, 2009

Today...One year ago...

I lost my job. It sucks, I have to admit, especially because I am one of those people that really enjoys the career I picked. I like working with anything related to the business of accounting. What can I say? I am a nerd at heart. On the other hand, I have been able to do a lot of things that I would not have been able to do if I was working:

Take/pick up my daughter to/from the bus stop everyday.
Have lunch with her at the school from time to time.
Get the kiddos registered in art and gymnastics classes.
Make new friends...Getting to know my neighbours a lot better...It is so much fun to make new friends, not just acquaintances.
Put a lot more thought into meal preparation...Being able to wow the husband with new meals (not hard to do, by the way)
Catch up with all my crafting (scrapbooking, sewing, etc)
Work out almost everyday either by going to the Gym or by taking walks with friends.
I am learning to take a hiatus from mindless, non-essential purchases. Not shopping or not planning to shop… has left me with a lot of time for me to do all the things that I previously thought I didn’t have time to do… things like more complex cooking and reading and taking a sewing class, taking more photos, writing this blog...Not shopping also made me appreciate what I already have in ways I never thought possible. I will try my hardest to keep it that way...Even after I find a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!