Friday, October 2, 2009

Menu for the week

Here is our menu for this week:


Sesame scallops/salad with orange supreme
Tuscan soup with canellini beans/salad
Stuffed portobello mushrooms/salad
Stuffed chicken breasts with feta cheese/grilled zucchini and onions/rice


Have you noticed the trend? I make sure to have at least one vegetarian meal per week. Why, you ask? Well, this is one little contribution in my quest to be better to the environment since 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions come from livestock (more than from transportation)... Beside, it does not feel like a sacrifice at all since we love vegetables (and by "we" I mean Mark and I). I also want to make sure our kids grow to love them too...So, they have no choice here. If they don't like what I made they don't have to eat it...But, don't feel bad for them, they won't go hungry. You will be surprised...They may just have salad for dinner (which is usually the other choice). It is totally fine by me since I make it with a base of baby spinach, lots of...you guessed it, more vegetables and a home made dressing (I can't stand the bottled stuff). So there you have it...That is how we roll in the Sand's household.

PS. Here is what I spend this week:
Walmart/Kroger $35
Costco $8
Seper H $15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!