Saturday, September 19, 2009

Menu of the week

I have set a goal for myself. I want to be able to feed well my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) with a budget of $60 per week. Here is the menu for this week:

California style club sandwich with roasted chicken/pasta salad with pesto, spinach and peas
Black bean soup with queso fresco/salad
Stuffed meatloaf/steamed brocoli/rice
Vegetarian chinese noodle soup


I make enough of these meals to carry us until the end of the week (including lunches). So far I have spent:


$36 Kroger
$14 Super H Mart
$11 Publix


I went over the budget this time...But, keep in mind, sometimes I buy items on sale that I can freeze and use on a later date. I might be over the budget on one week and under on the next. It should all balance out at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Sorry anonymous comments will not be published. Thank you!